Posted by: Kyle
Nervous yet? I am. You’d think after seeing so many Montreal/Boston matchups in the playoffs, I’d be used to this by now, but evidently that’s not the case.
Since last Thursday’s barnburner against the Bruins, I’ve been thinking about this series. It wasn’t guaranteed until Saturday night, but in my mind, it was always going to be a renewal of post-season pleasantries with Beantown.
Here’s a few scattered thoughts that have been occupying my time in the past couple days:
- Anyone with the belief that Georges Laraque being in the lineup will have a favorable impact on the outcome of the series for the Habs, they’re nuts.
- How badly must the Bruins want revenge for past defeats? 2002, 2004 and 2008. It would be especially sweet for the Bruins to put the final nail in the Canadiens’ 100th season.
- On the same note, how bad must Claude Julien want this? To sink your former boss’ battleship would be sweet, would it not?
- Can Tomas Plekanec and the rest of the second line PLEASE show up. Without them, it won’t matter if 3 Markovs come back. We need secondary scoring.
- Can Carey Price draw on his past successes in the junior ranks and apply them now in his 2nd playoff season? Or has the sophomore jinx taken too big a bite out of his confidence?
- Sticking with Price, how short of a leash will Gainey have him on? 1 bad game? 2 bad goals?
- Can Breezer be solid on the blue line and not be a soft turnover machine?
- Will the Canadiens weather the storm in the first 10 minutes of the first? I think the over/under on the score after the first 10 minutes should be 2-0 Boston.
How about the rest of you? Any thoughts you want to put out there to help settle your pre-game jitters?