All Habs GameDay: Tuesday January 29, 2013
On this day in hockey history… 1977 – The Blizzard of ’77 left many of the Sabres trapped in Buffalo. Only 14 players made it up to Montreal, but they managed to tie the Canadiens, 3-3.
GAMEDAY: The Winnipeg Jets are in town!
| Winnipeg Jets
|vs.|| Montreal Canadiens
| Bell Centre, Montreal, QC.
7:30 p.m. EST
TV: RDS, TSN-HABS
Projected line combinations (updated after game day skate)
Lars Eller - David Desharnais - Erik Cole
Rene Bourque - Tomas Plekanec – Brian Gionta
Brandon Prust - Alex Galchenyuk - Brendan Gallagher
Travis Moen - Ryan White – Colby Armstrong
Andrei Markov – Alexei Emelin
Josh Georges - Raphael Diaz
Tomas Kaberle – Francis Bouillon
P.K. Subban, Yannick Weber, Mike Blunden, Petteri Nokelainen (back), Max Pacioretty (appendectomy)
Evander Kane - Olli Jokinen - Blake Wheeler
Andrew Ladd - Nik Antropov - Bryan Little
Alexei Ponikarovsky - Alex Burmistrov - Kyle Wellwood
James Wright - Jim Slater - Chris Thorburn
Tobias Enstrom - Dustin Byfuglien
Mark Stuart - Ron Hainsey
Grant Clitsome - Paul Postma
Zach Bogosian (wrist)
GAMEDAY: All Habs Headlines
► Josh in charge:
- Brendan Gallagher not only has a roster spot but a new landlord: Josh Gorges. The two were very active on Twitter with Gorges tweeting “I can’t believe my first son is gonna be a 20 year old who eats more than I do @BGALLY17 #grocerybillsgonnabehuge” Gallagher replied, “will i be getting an allowance?”
► Quotes from the Jets:
“Well, you know, Montreal has been going good. Michel Therrien and his staff have done a good job there. They’re getting a lot of production from their defense and Markov, and Diaz is helping them. They’re playing a good 200-foot game, it’s not going to be an easy place to play, we all know what Montreal is like. For us, it’s a heck of a challenge, in our conference, and we’re looking forward to that challenge.” – Claude Noel
“It’s a fun building to play in [Bell Centre], we just need to feed off that energy and try to continue to play well on the road. I think we had a good start with our last trip, we need to build off of that and realize the things that worked for us on the road. It’s a good test though, they’re playing well. They have a lot of talented players over there. We’re excited, because it’s a good challenge for us. – Mark Stuart
“Montreal, they have some young guys that are playing well right now and they have a lot of speed. We’re going to have to be ready for that especially going into that building, it’s a fun place to play.” – Evander Kane
► Scoring Leaders:
Tobias Enstrom: 6A
Dustin Byfuglien: 3G, 3A
Evander Kane: 3G, 3A
Andrew Ladd: 2G, 3A
Blake Wheeler Zajac: 2G
Raphael Diaz: 5A
Andrei Markov: 4G, 1A
Max Pacioretty: 4A
Brian Gionta, Tomas Plekanec and Alex Galchenyuk are tied with three points each.
► Subban update:
- P.K. Subban has signed with the Montreal Canadiens, a two-year contract that will pay him $2-million this season, and $3.75-million the following season. He will once again be a restricted free agent when up for contract again in two years.
- “A lot of people know the type of player and person I am. The biggest motivation [for me] is our team. I’m so excited to get back on the ice with our team and be part of it and win hockey games. Playing in Montreal is the pinnacle; it’s the best place to play. I’m just anxious to get back on the ice again.” – P.K. Subban (during the Montreal Canadiens press conference)
- P.K. says that his nickname is “the Subbanator.” On hearing the news, Lars Eller replied, “We’ll call him Pernell.”
► Game Preview:
- For matchup keys and fantasy impact see our Jets – Canadiens game preview.
► Puck’s take:
- Need to know who will win tonight? Click the link to watch Puck the Bunny’s prediction.
► Habs Tickets:
- With games against the Ottawa Senators and Buffalo Sabres upcoming, click the link to find the best selection of Montreal Canadiens tickets.
► New at All Habs Hockey Magazine and Hockey Pub:
- Game Preview: Jets vs Canadiens – Keys, Stats, Fantasy, Prediction
- Digital Voices: Social Media, Hockey Reporting, and the Fans
- Official Release: Canadiens Sign P.K. Subban to a Two-Year Contract
- Habs Fans Audition for Amazing Race [VIDEO]
- Catching the Torch: Hudon Strikes
- Goalie Fight: Eddie Pasquale vs Dustin Tokarski [VIDEO]
- Carey Price, Tuukka Rask: Same Goal, Different Paths
- All Habs Rewind: Pass the Torch, Markov, Galchenyuk [VIDEO]
- Habs Weekly Forecast: Diaz, Gionta, Plekanec, Markov, Price
- Diaz, Markov et l’avantage numérique
- Where Are They Now? Habs 2006 First Rounder David Fischer
- Capitals vs Canadiens: The Forgotten Men
- 24 CH : Les coulisses du Centre Bell
- Is Trading P.K. Subban an Option?
- All Habs Mailbag: Eller, Collberg, Habs Depth, Overseas, Desharnais
- Scott Gomez se trouve du boulot
- La renaissance de Rene Bourque?
- Help Publish: Montreal Canadiens – Stanley Cup Champions
(Feature Photo: John Morstad)