All Habs GameDay: Wednesday January 30, 2013
On this day in hockey history… 1990 – L.A.’s Wayne Gretzky set an NHL record by scoring his 100th point of the season for the 11th straight season; the milestone came with an assist in a 5-2 win over the visiting New Jersey Devils.
GAMEDAY: Guillaume, LATENDRESSE.
| Ottawa Senators
|vs.|| Montreal Canadiens
| Scotiabank Place, Kanata, ON.
7:00 p.m. EST
Projected line combinations (updated – no game day skate for Habs today)
Lars Eller - David Desharnais - Erik Cole
Rene Bourque - Tomas Plekanec – Brian Gionta
Brandon Prust - Alex Galchenyuk - Brendan Gallagher
Travis Moen - Ryan White – Colby Armstrong
Andrei Markov – Alexei Emelin
Josh Georges - Raphael Diaz
Tomas Kaberle – Francis Bouillon
P.K. Subban, Yannick Weber, Mike Blunden, Petteri Nokelainen (back), Max Pacioretty (appendectomy)
Milan Michalek - Peter Regin - Jakob Silfverberg
Guillaume Latendresse - Kyle Turris - Daniel Alfredsson
Colin Greening - Zack Smith - Chris Neil
Erik Condra - Mika Zibanejad – Jim O’Brien
Marc Methot - Erik Karlsson
- Mark Borowiecki
Patrick Wiercioch - Chris Phillips
Sergei Gonchar, Mike Lundin (finger), Jared Cowen (hip), Jason Spezza (back)
GAMEDAY: All Habs Headlines
► Subban watch:
- P.K.Subban is scheduled to have a physical in Ottawa today and will meet with Marc Bergevin and Michel Therrien to discuss their team philosophy. Subban also had a chance to meet with the media saying “It’s not about me anymore. Its about the team.”
- Subban is expected to play in at least one of the weekend games in Montreal after participating in practices. Subban was back in the Canadiens pre-game video montage last night — his image got a big cheer from Bell Centre fans but there was a contingent of boo-birds too.
► Budaj gets a start:
- Peter Budaj is the scheduled starter tonight in Ottawa for his first game of the season. Carey Price gets a well-deserved rest after backstopping the Canadiens to a solid 4-1 start. Price’s stats have been stellar with a 1.98 GAA and a .924 SV%.
► Hot start for Anderson:
- Manning the Senators cage will be Craig Anderson. The Ottawa goaltender has posted a 4-0-1 record with 0.98 GAA and .967 SV%.
► Scoring Leaders:
Milan Michalek: 2G, 4A
Kyle Turris: 4G, 2A
Erik Karlsson: 2G, 4A
Jason Spezza: 2G, 3A
Raphael Diaz: 7A
Andrei Markov: 4G, 3A
Alex Galchenyuk: 1G, 4A
Max Pacioretty: 4A
Tomas Plekanec: 3G, 1A
Brendan Gallagher: 2G, 2A
► Game Preview:
- For matchup keys and fantasy impact see our Senators – Canadiens game preview.
► Puck’s take:
- Need to know who will win tonight? Click the link to watch Puck the Bunny’s prediction.
► Habs Tickets:
- With games against the Boston Bruins, Ottawa Senators and Buffalo Sabres upcoming, click the link to find the best selection of Montreal Canadiens tickets.
► New at All Habs Hockey Magazine and Hockey Pub:
- State of the Habs, Part 1 – Games 1-4: The Boys are Back in Town
- Game Preview: Jets vs Canadiens – Keys, Stats, Fantasy, Prediction
- Digital Voices: Social Media, Hockey Reporting, and the Fans
- Official Release: Canadiens Sign P.K. Subban to a Two-Year Contract
- Habs Fans Audition for Amazing Race [VIDEO]
- Catching the Torch: Hudon Strikes
- Goalie Fight: Eddie Pasquale vs Dustin Tokarski [VIDEO]
- Carey Price, Tuukka Rask: Same Goal, Different Paths
- All Habs Rewind: Pass the Torch, Markov, Galchenyuk [VIDEO]
- Habs Weekly Forecast: Diaz, Gionta, Plekanec, Markov, Price
- Diaz, Markov et l’avantage numérique
- Where Are They Now? Habs 2006 First Rounder David Fischer
- Capitals vs Canadiens: The Forgotten Men
- 24 CH : Les coulisses du Centre Bell
- Is Trading P.K. Subban an Option?
- All Habs Mailbag: Eller, Collberg, Habs Depth, Overseas, Desharnais
- Scott Gomez se trouve du boulot
- La renaissance de Rene Bourque?
- Help Publish: Montreal Canadiens – Stanley Cup Champions
(Feature Photo: John Morstad)