All Habs GameDay: Thursday February 7, 2013
On this day in hockey history… 1965 – Detroit’s Gordie Howe became the first player in NHL history to score 100 career goals against every opposing team in the league, during a 6-0 win over the visiting Montreal Canadiens.
1995 – Joe Mullen became the first American-born player and the 42nd in NHL history to reach 1,000 points.
| Buffalo Sabres
|vs.|| Montreal Canadiens
| First Niagara Center, Buffalo,NY.
7:00 p.m. EST
TV: TSN-Habs, RDS
Projected line combinations (no game day skate for Habs)
Rene Bourque - Tomas Plekanec – Brian Gionta
Max Pacioretty – David Desharnais - Erik Cole
Brandon Prust - Alex Galchenyuk - Brendan Gallagher
Ryan White - Lars Eller - Colby Armstrong
Andrei Markov – Alexei Emelin
Josh Georges - Raphael Diaz
P.K. Subban - Francis Bouillon
Travis Moen (lower-body), Tomas Kaberle, Yannick Weber, Petteri Nokelainen (back)
Thomas Vanek - Cody Hodgson - Jason Pominville
Marcus Foligno - Tyler Ennis - Drew Stafford
Steve Ott - Mikhail Grigorenko - Jochen Hecht
John Scott - Matt Ellis - Nathan Gerbe
Adam Pardy - Tyler Myers
Jordan Leopold - Mike Weber
T.J. Brennan - Alexander Sulzer
Patrick Kaleta – Ville Leino – Cody McCormick – John Scott – Christian Ehrhoff – Robyn Regehr – Andrej Sekera
|Ryan Miller (Confirmed)|| vs.
||Peter Budaj (Confirmed)|
|Miller has a 3-4-1 record, with a GAA of 3.11 and a .906 Sv%||Budaj has a record of 0-1-0 with a GAA of 5.00 and a .815 Sv%
GAMEDAY: All Habs Headlines
► Subban enters the goal column:
- It took P.K. Subban 150 minutes and 53 seconds before getting his first goal of the season against the Boston Bruins on Wednesday. (Or 333 days depending on how you want to look at it)
- The Montreal Canadiens now have thirteen individual players with at least one goal on the season.
► Markov continues to put up points on the power-play:
- Andrei Markov picked up an assist on Subban’s goal in Wednesday’s game against Boston, bringing his season total to nine power-play points, tied for the league lead with Joe Thornton and Patrick Marleau of the San Jose Sharks.
► Galchenyuk wins the Molson Cup for January:
- Alex Galchenyuk was voted as the Molson Cup winner for the month of January.
- The Molson Cup is awarded on a monthly basis to the Montreal Canadiens player who has received the most stars (three stars awarded after the game) for the month, as voted by the fans.
► Therrien remains confident after loss to Boston:
- Montreal Canadiens head coach Michel Therrien remained positive after Wednesday’s loss to the Boston Bruins.
“For me, the important thing is that we’re getting quality chances. It’s going to happen in the NHL where you’re facing a goalie that’s playing really well. It’s not a matter of will; I think we worked hard to create those chances. There are just nights the puck goes in and there are nights the goalie’s going to make the save.”
“It was not a bad performance from our club. I mean, we played the Boston Bruins,” he stressed. “They’re a good team and they’re not easy to play against. You have to fight for every inch. We had a few bad executions but I’m sure we’re going to be better next time.”
► Scoring Leaders:
Thomas Vanek: 8G, 11A
Jason Pominville: 6G, 8A
Cody Hodgson: 5G, 5A
Andrek Markov: 4G, 5A
Raphel Diaz: 8A
Tomas Plekanek: 4G, 4A
Alex Galchenyuk: 1G, 6A
► Game Preview:
- For matchup keys and fantasy impact see our Sabres – Canadiens game preview.
► Puck’s take:
- Need to know who will win tonight? Click the link to watch Puck the Bunny’s prediction.
► Habs Tickets:
- With games against the Maple Leafs, Lightning, Panthers and Flyers upcoming, click the link to find the best selection of Montreal Canadiens tickets.
► New at All Habs Hockey Magazine and Hockey Pub:
- State of the Habs, Part 2 – Games 5-8: Rinse & Repeat
- Win Canadiens Tickets from La Cage aux Sports
- Puck the Bunny Predicts: Montreal Canadiens vs Boston Bruins [VIDEO]
- Gorges, Gallagher, Eller Help Launch Canadiens 5th Community Rink
- Les poches profondes de Michel Therrien
- Therrien has Juggling Act in Front of Him
- All Habs Rewind: Gallagher, Bourque, Plekanec, Price [VIDEO]
- Catching the Torch: Pribyl Erupts
- Two Referees System an Issue in the NHL
- Habs Weekly Forecast: Price, Emelin, Eller, Markov, Gallagher
- Who’s in the Dog House Now, Michel?
- All Habs Mailbag: Subban, Pacioretty, Markov, Diaz, Special Teams, Bulldogs
(Feature Photo: John Morstad)