All Habs GameDay: Tuesday February 12, 2013
On this day in hockey history… 1949 – Canada beat Denmark 47-0 in the most lopsided international hockey game in history. The mismatch occurred during the World Championships, which were won by Canada.
GAMEDAY: Habs need to find that winning touch again.
| TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING
|vs.|| MONTREAL CANADIENS
| Times Forum, Tampa, FL
7:30 p.m. EST
TV: RDS, TSN
Projected line combinations (updated following morning skate)
Rene Bourque - Tomas Plekanec – Brian Gionta
Max Pacioretty - Alex Galchenyuk - Brendan Gallagher
Brandon Prust - David Desharnais – Erik Cole
Travis Moen – Lars Eller - Colby Armstrong
Andrei Markov – Alexei Emelin
Josh Gorges – Raphael Diaz
Francis Bouillon - P.K. Subban
Ryan White, Tomas Kaberle, Yannick Weber
TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING
Nate Thompson - Steven Stamkos - Martin St. Louis
Cory Conacher - Vincent Lecavalier - Teddy Purcell
Benoit Pouliot - Tom Pyatt - Alex Killorn
B.J. Crombeen - Adam Hall - Pierre-Cedric Labrie
Eric Brewer - Matt Carle
Sami Salo - Victor Hedman
Keith Aulie - Brian Lee
Ryan Malone, Marc-Andre Bergeron, Brendan Mikkelson, Mattias Ohlund, Matt Taormina
|Anders Lindback (Confirmed)|| vs.
||Carey Price (Confirmed)|
| Record: 5-3-0
GAA : 2.96
EV GA/60: 2.07
| Record: 6-3-0
GAA : 2.21
EV GA/60: 1.60 (6)
(updated following morning skate)
GAMEDAY: All Habs Headlines
► The Canadiens continue to struggle in the face off circle.
As if the Montreal Canadiens were not struggling enough in the face off circle this season, they were 33 for 70 (32 per cent) Saturday night against the Toronto Maple Leafs, their lowest total of the season.
► Michel Therrien and Brian Gionta try to keep things positive:
- Michel Therrien tried to keep things positive this Monday in Tampa.
“Looking overall at the way we played since the beginning of the year, I was hoping we would have a little bit better record in the end we’re still in a good position. It’s going to be tight until the end of the year. We all understand that. We just have to start another winning streak tomorrow.” – Michel Therrien
“I like where our team’s at. There’s still room to grow, but I like our overall makeup and I like the way we play our system. If we continue to play like that, I like our chances.” – Brian Gionta
► Brendan Gallagher receives praises from Josh Gorges:
“I can’t say enough good things about Gally [Gallagher]. I said this from the moment he came to camp a few years ago – he’s a guy you want to have on your team. Watching him drive to the net and get his nose dirty. He’s going up there against 6-foot-4 guys, hacking and whacking and battling and, I mean, that’s the way hockey is supposed to be played. He is a young guy, but I don’t think he knows what he does for the other guys in the room that watch how hard he plays. It inspires guys to do the same.” – Josh Gorges
► Scoring Leaders:
Steven Stamkos: 7G, 10A
Martin St Louis: 3G, 13A
Vincent Lecavalier & Cory Conachar both have 12 points.
Tomas Plekanek: 6G, 4A
Andrek Markov: 4G, 6A
Raphel Diaz: 9A
► Puck’s take:
- Need to know who will win tonight? Click the link to watch Puck the Bunny’s prediction.
► Habs Tickets:
- With games against the Panthers, Flyers, Hurricanes and Rangers upcoming, click the link to find the best selection of Montreal Canadiens tickets.
► New at All Habs Hockey Magazine and Hockey Pub:
- Catching The Torch: Leblanc Rises
- CH: Un retour en force pour deux piliers offensifs
- 24CH : Retour sur l’épisode 2
- Chassez le naturel et il revient au galop
- What’s This Habs Team Made Of? Narratives, Hyperbole, and Bouncing Back
- Habs Weekly Forecast: Subban, Markov, Plekanec, Pacioretty
- All Habs Rewind: Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Subban, Pacioretty [VIDEO]
- ‘Dogs Show They Still Have Fight with Win Over Stars [with AUDIO]
- Comic Strip: Kaberle Moves Out…
- ‘Dogs Fail to Build Momentum as Game Goes to the Wolves [with AUDIO]
- All Habs Mailbag: Penalty Kill, Bulldogs, Goaltending, Kaberle, Eller, Draft, Kings
- Canadiens Entrega Jogo Para Bruins
- State of the Habs, Part 2 – Games 5-8: Rinse & Repeat
- Win Canadiens Tickets from La Cage aux Sports
- Gorges, Gallagher, Eller Help Launch Canadiens 5th Community Rink
(Feature Photo: John Morstad)