All Habs GameDay: Wednesday February 6, 2013
On this day in hockey history… 1943 – Montreal’s Ray Getliffe scored five goals and an assist to lead the Canadiens to an 8-3 win against Boston.
1990 – Brett Hull scored his 50th goal of the season, to become part of the first father-son combo to each score 50 goals in an NHL season.
2000 – Wayne Gretzky’s sweater #99 was officially retired permanently by the NHL, in a pre-game ceremony before the 2000 All-Star Game in Toronto.
GAMEDAY: The Battle for First.
| Boston Bruins
|vs.|| Montreal Canadiens
| Bell Centre, Montreal,QC.
7:30 p.m. EST
TV: TSN, RDS, NBCSN
Projected line combinations (updated after game day skate)
Rene Bourque - Tomas Plekanec – Brian Gionta
Max Pacioretty – David Desharnais - Erik Cole
Brandon Prust - Alex Galchenyuk - Brendan Gallagher
Travis Moen - Lars Eller - Colby Armstrong
Andrei Markov – Alexei Emelin
Josh Georges - Raphael Diaz
P.K. Subban - Francis Bouillon
Tomas Kaberle, Ryan White, Yannick Weber, Petteri Nokelainen (back)
Gregory Campbell - Patrice Bergeron - Tyler Seguin
Milan Lucic - David Krejci - Nathan Horton
Chris Bourque - Chris Kelly - Rich Peverley
Jamie Tardif – Ryan Spooner - Lane MacDermid
Zdeno Chara - Johnny Boychuk
Dennis Seidenberg - Dougie Hamilton
Andrew Ference - Adam McQuaid
Brad Marchand (GTD) - Marc Savard (concussion) – Shawn Thornton – Daniel Paille – Aaron Johnson
|Tuukka Rask (Confirmed)|| vs.
||Carey Price (Confirmed)|
|Rask has a 5-1-1 record, .2.10 GAA and .919 per cent Sv%.||Price has a record of 6-1-0, 1.70 GAA and .938 per cent Sv%.
GAMEDAY: All Habs Headlines
► The battle for first place:
- With a win, the Boston Bruins would move past the Pittsburgh Penguins and grab sole position of first place in the Eastern Conference.
- The Montreal Canadiens on the other hand would be fall tied with the Penguins in first place (and a game in hand) with a victory over Boston.
► Brad Marchand a game-time decision?
- It appears Brad Marchand is still feeling the effects of falling into the boards after tripping over James Reimer in Boston’s last game against the Maple Leafs. Marchand, who appeared quite frankly to be crying on the bench after the play did look like he was in terrible pain and it appears Claude Julien will decide tomorrow whether he’s able to play or not.
- If Marchand is unable to go, Ryan Spooner who was recently called up from the Providence Bruins would get the nod in Marchand’s place.
► Max Pacioretty loves everybody:
- Max Pacioretty had some nice things to say about his teammates on Tuesday:
On Tomas Plekanec:
“I don’t know why people were saying that Pleky [Tomas Plekanec] didn’t have a good year because that’s not true at all. He’s been a 70-point player in this league and he’s led the team in points pretty much ever since I’ve been here. He’s one of the most steady forwards I’ve ever played with. He can play a different role in almost every game and he’s kind of what makes our team go.”
On Rene Bourque:
“He was playing hurt all year last season and if you look at his numbers over the years, he’s pretty much always a 20-goal scorer. The players in this room knew what he was capable of, we knew he was going to step up and help this team and so far he’s done a great job of it.”
►Carey Price on Boston:
- Carey Price had some words of wisdom in regards to the upcoming game against the Bruins and how they would prepare for it.
“I think we want to show everybody that we’re tougher to play against, not only against the Bruins. It might be cliché, but every preparation for every game is the same. Just because it’s Boston doesn’t mean we’re going to change it.”
“We just have to continue what we’re doing,” said Price, who won two of his six starts against the Bruins last season. “We can’t worry about who we’re playing. We just have to worry what we’re doing on the ice.
► Scoring Leaders:
David Krejci: 2G, 5A
Nathan Horton: 3G, 3A
Brad Marchand: 5G, 1A
Raphael Diaz: 8A
Andrei Markov: 4G, 4A
Alex Galchenyuk: 1G, 6A
Tomas Plekanec: 4G, 3A
► Game Preview:
- For matchup keys and fantasy impact see our Senators – Canadiens game preview.
► Puck’s take:
- Need to know who will win tonight? Click the link to watch Puck the Bunny’s prediction.
► Habs Tickets:
- With games against the Boston Bruins, Buffalo Sabres and Toronto Maple Leafs upcoming, click the link to find the best selection of Montreal Canadiens tickets.
► New at All Habs Hockey Magazine and Hockey Pub:
- Gorges, Gallagher, Eller Help Launch Canadiens 5th Community Rink
- Les poches profondes de Michel Therrien
- Therrien has Juggling Act in Front of Him
- All Habs Rewind: Gallagher, Bourque, Plekanec, Price [VIDEO]
- Catching the Torch: Pribyl Erupts
- Two Referees System an Issue in the NHL
- Habs Weekly Forecast: Price, Emelin, Eller, Markov, Gallagher
- Who’s in the Dog House Now, Michel?
- All Habs Mailbag: Subban, Pacioretty, Markov, Diaz, Special Teams, Bulldogs
(Feature Photo: John Morstad)