10) Now he can spend the Xmas holidays with his in-laws, La Famille Clark/McTeer, or is it La Famille McTeer/Clark?
9) The actual firing took place in the opening minutes of the Saturday skate, AKA a “Bob Lite” power-play…….ca c’est le momentum, eh?
8) He still gets his complimentary 2-4 of Molson EX and a 22 pound dinde (that’s a turkey for those AllHabbers west of Cornwall, eh?) from La Famille Molson
7) Also gets a complimentary CH jersey from La Famille Molson with words “Molson EX- coach” printed on the back.
6) Now he and Mme. Martin et Famille can watch “White Christmas”, “The Bells of St. Mary’s”, and “It’s….it’s….it’s……it’s…..it’s…..it’s a won…..won……won….won……won……derful Life” on TV during Xmas Week (stacatto/stutter text from the latter movie is how Jimmy Stewart would pronounce it)
5) Finally! a happy looking and happy sounding Jacques Martin singing the lyrics to “I’ll be chez-nous for Christmas, you can count on me……” as he was ushered (unceremoniously) out of Les Habs practice facility in Brossard by La Securite de Habs.
4) Gets a new “scouting gig” (at coach’s pay level) for Les Habs………reporting to Perry Pearn.
3) Finally he can take his game day dress shirts to the dry cleaners without the “extra starch” request.
2) Has ample time during Xmas Holidays to send out resumes for “assistant coach” gigs to Kirk Muller, Claude Julien et Alain Vigneault.
1) AND! THE No. 1 JACQUES MARTIN “POSITIVE” AFTER GETTING FIRED? OH-OH! WILL ALSO TRY TO GET THE ALLHABS.NET (INSIDE) “LAUGH LINES” COMEDY BLOG GIG FROM “U-KNOW-WHO”!!!!
PS: This has been a “Special Edition” AllHabs.net “Laugh Lines” comedy blog by “deeply saddened, inconsolable and a suicidally morose” (snicker-sneer nudge-nudge wink-wink) correspondent, Craig “Frenchie” McFarlane.
Your correspondent Craig “Frenchie” McFarlane is a professional comedian/slash/comedy writer/slash/producer/slash/after-dinner speaker (end of slashes, and it’s about time!!) “Frenchie” also runs The Comedy Pro Shop Agency in Toronto and is available along with his top comedy pals for all “live” events, golf tournaments, sports celeb. dinners, roasts, corp. Xmas parties, etc……(www.frenchiemcfarlane.bravehost.com)