MONTREAL, QC – We are proud to announce that All Habs Hockey Magazine has been chosen by Visa Canada as a partner for their “Hockey Love Hurts” contest! All Habs readers can enter by describing ways in which your favorite team is causing you emotional pain, no matter which NHL franchise you support.
Hockey is an intense sport, and hockey fans are a passionate bunch, especially during the Stanley Cup playoffs. Have your heroes on ice broken your heart?
Tell us which hockey moment has caused you to suffer, and you have a chance to win a prize package that could ease your pain.
- $35 Visa gift card to buy the comfort food needed to ease the pain
- Tissues to help cope with the thought that the season is over
- An electric shaver to ceremonially remove the mighty playoff beard
- A new athletic shirt, to replace a well worn lucky jersey stained with tears and food
- A blanket, because it may be time to go outside and see your friends and family
- Post a comment to this article that relives the drama of your best “Hockey Love Hurts” story.
- Tweet your heartbreaking moment to @All_Habs using the hashtags #allhabs and #hockeylovehurts
- Like the All Habs Fan Page on Facebook and share your tearful tale.
Don’t delay! This contest is only open until 11:59 PM (EST) on Monday, April 23, 2012.
Contest winners must have a Canadian mailing address. Participants must be 18 years of ago or older. Prizes must be accepted as awarded; no substitutions.
In addition, throughout April, Canadian Visa cardholders are automatically entered to win a trip to Game One of the Stanley Cup Final for themselves and 10 of their friends every time they use their Visa card. No morning practices or perfect slap shot required. Instead fans can earn their trip to see Lord Stanley’s Cup while purchasing weekly groceries or even that morning cup of coffee.
Cardholders in Canada who have reached the age of majority in the province or territory they reside in can become the most popular person in Canada just by using their Visa card on everyday purchases. Hockey fans can also visit www.hockeylovehurts.ca to watch a Hockey Love Hurts video, download an app that allows them to draft the roster of 10 friends they would take with them if they won the grand prize, and get full contest details.
“As hockey lovers, we understand the emotional connection fans have to their favourite teams,” said Brenda Woods, Head of Marketing, Visa Canada. “With that passion in mind, we are thrilled to be celebrating Canadians’ love for the sport, offering cardholders from across the country (and ten of their friends) the chance to attend the Stanley Cup Final.”
The Hockey Love Hurts contest runs from April 1st to 30, 2012 at 11:59 pm. ET. No purchase necessary to enter. For more information and complete contest rules, visit hockeylovehurts.ca or Visa.ca.
Category: Fan Focus